Thursday, September 4, 2008

First day of my 2008-09 class

Wow, is about all I can say and they weren't even all there today! Yikes...I am in for it this year. I do have a volunteer that I didn't know about so that is great! I may not have her all year but hey I will take her as long as I can have her! It will make pumping much easier because then I won't feel bad leaving Janet for a while because she won't be by herself! Ok, so here is how it went today.

All the parents thought it would be a good idea to bring all their paperwork to me right during breakfast (I am very glad these parents are taking care of the paperwork so don't get me wrong about that!). That was hard because then none of the kids wanted to sit and eat, so right off the bat we got behind and with only 3 1/2 hours with them and I am used to 5 1/2 it was hard to get back on track! I also have a few children that will be high need, two of which have IEP's but the other one does not and I don't think mom and dad would be too keen on that. The good part about that is Claudia from the Weber School district will be coming in to my classroom at least twice a week to work with the two IEP children and she will be able to give me some ideas for them and for the other child. She is great, I worked with her a lot when I taught at Country View. She has been teaching children with disabilities for over 20 years and has a lot of great ideas and resources!

So, on with the day, since we started out behind and couldn't get caught up I felt like I was rushing the kids here and there and everywhere! It will be interesting to see if we can get used to this short schedule and not feel so frantic all day! Some good news, I won't have to go to the daycare site they wanted me to help at yet. They haven't had a meeting to discuss the details and what my work there will entail yet, so I don't have to go until the details are all worked out and everyone is on the same page. The great thing about that is in our agency that could take at least a few months if not longer to come to fruition! That will be nice and I will be able to get all my nasty paperwork done easily!

Ok, so I better get on to bed so I can be bright tailed and bushy eyed tomorrow! lol

No comments: