So, the question has been raised....Why would someone fly all the way to Hawaii and never leave the airport? Here is a better question, why would someone fly all the way to Hawaii and never leave the airport TWICE?! Yes, you read that correctly, twice. I have been to Hawaii twice and I have never been outside the airport. Here is why....
The summer between 4th and 5th grades my dad took a job on a small island named Saipan. For those of you too lazy to pull it up on Google, it is the capitol of the United States Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Still not ringing a bell? Ever heard of Guam? It is two islands up from Guam and a famous battle site of WWII. If you want to know more look it up.
Anyway, as I was saying...me, my mom, and Rickell moved out to Saipan. My dad already been there for a couple months and my other 3 sisters were already moved out of the house. When we flew there we had a 5 hour layover in Hawaii, but my mom put us on standby so she wouldn't let us leave the airport!!! @@
Ok, fast forward to the middle of my 5th grade year. My Grandpa Saunders (my dad's dad) died suddenly and we couldn't afford to go to the funeral on our own so my dad did not renew his 1 year contract and they paid to fly us back to the States. Again, we had a long layover in Hawaii and AGAIN my parents put us on standby and wouldn't let us leave the airport.
So...that is how and why a person would fly to Hawaii and never leave the airport! One day I will go again and I will take my mom and dad so we can all leave the airport! LOL
15 years ago


2 comments:
Lol...so close yet so far away! YOur page is Beautious! I love that scrap!
Yeah, it pretty much sucked arse! Can you just imagine two kids in the Hawaii airport begging to step outside! What a mean mom, huh! I love her anyway! Oh and thanks, I thought this fit me pretty well!
Post a Comment